Thursday 26 September 2013

Awakening "Short Form" Feedback

Here's the place for you to provide feedback on the short form edits of The Awakening!

You can find the latest versions at https://vimeo.com/agentpurple. As you need to sign in there to provide feedback, you can provide any comments or queries here instead!

So what have I done with The Awakening? After working on the first edits of Five Doctors I wanted to turn my attention to something which should be a little easier. The Awakening was only a 2 part story so we were starting out from a total of around 50 minutes of material. As a result my main focus was to try and make the one episode pacier and as a result have ended up producing something which comes in at just over 40 minutes. 

Much of the editing was led by removing some lingering shots as well as splicing some of the scenes to keep the action flowing. It's not the best story on the planet but to be fair I did find myself developing some affection for it as I went along ... albeit with some pretty rubbish characters!! I will also note that as I got to the end the last 10 minutes are pretty good and pacey so did not see a lot of editing!

Please note that I have simply edited the material and have not re-mixed the music soundtrack or played around with special effects.

All feedback very welcome but please do be constructive :)

No comments:

Post a Comment